Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Cold Desserts, Day 1

Today started my Cold desserts class, which is bassicaly ice creams, gelato, and sorbets. Since I am somewhat of an ice cream addict (cake I can take or leave, but there is always room for ice cream), this class should be good!

I am with the same group of girls, in the same room, but I have a different chef. He is good so far, a little scattered, but good.

1. We started with a lecture, all about ice cream. The definitions, terms, etc.

2. The chef demoed the two main types of ice cream: french (with eggs), and american (without eggs). He made cookies and cream out of the american base, and bacon ice cream out of the french base. The cookies and cream was good, but the bacon was great. I have a major weekness for salty sweet things.


3. After the demo our group made three batches of ice cream base. One chocolate french ice cream, one vanilla american ice cream, and one french in the flavor of our choice. We ended up making cinnamon pear. We have not churned any of them yet, so tomorrow we will see how they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment